Brand new and good for you: February 2019
New month brings us more fresh music. Five beautiful discs are here for your pleasure – the best of contemporary traditional reggae:
- Portuguese collaboration of Real Rockers and singer Joydan mixed by Nucleus Roots and issued in Brazil on a new Rockers Time imprint.
- Crucial “The Night Of Our Lives” paired with “Haul & Pull Up” from the one called Prince Jamo that could easily fit the top of Volcano catalogue.
- Collaboration of veteran singers and deejays on a tuff Naram production – Midnight Riders, Ranking Ann, Earl Cunningham and Junior Cat, all put together on a great sounding 12” by Red Robin of New Zealand.
- Another masterpiece double-sider out of Roberto Sanchez studio featuring Ras Teo’s “Father’s House” and “In My Vision”.
- Conscious Sounds present a 7” with El Indio and his “African Blood”
Soul Jazz – VA – Blackman’s Pride 3
Soul Jazz records is here with the third part of the “Black Man’s Pride” compilation series of Studio 1 music. Ultra-clean-sounding vinyl features legendary voices of Horace Andy, Sugar Minott, The Gladiators, The Wailing Souls and Errol Dunkley and obscure acts like The Manchesters, The Mellodies and The Nightingales. Notes on each track and nice gatefold design make this release just wonderful.
12” and 7” originals
Reissue business is going on strong!!!
French Deep Roots are taking their part with a killer Black Roots’ 1981 rockers number “Jah Is My Light” by Robert Emmanuel, issued now on a 7” with dubwise on AA-side. Greensleeves bring back Johnny Clarke’s self-produced anthem “Jah Love Is With I” – sounds great as it should and comes in a classical company sleeve. Belgium-based Mania Dub puts together a 10” of two legendary Vibronics’ productions: “Red Gold & Green” (previously released on Dubliftment LP) and “Terror” (previously on now expensive Jah Tubby’s 10”)
Reissue section has got some other great numbers as well, so take your time please.
For LP lovers!
“One record a day keeps doctor away” does not fit here, as here comes The Doctor himself! The great Early B’s “Ghost Riders” LP was reissued in 2017 by French Patate Records, and brings us 8 rub-a-dub scorchers in fine style. “King At The Control” LP is a classical set of Roots Radics’ rhythms recorded at Channel One and mixed at King Tubby’s by the master himself, reissued by the veteran deejay Ranking Joe.